Department of Criminal Justice
A Word from the Dean
of Criminal Justice
I recently had the privilege of participating in a conference call with law enforcement professionals from all over the nation. There were detectives from New Jersey, homicide detectives from Los Angeles, SWAT team leaders from Louisiana, an assistant district attorney, and a probation officer. [ more ]
26 Top Criminal Justice Scholars Noted for 2nd Quarter Academic Achievement
"A certificate does not make you certified. Attitude, performance, commitment to self and team—these and a certificate make you certified."
By PATRICIA DROWN, Ph.D.
Dean of Criminal Justice, Allied American University
Certificates, diplomas and other things you can hang on the wall are nothing more than pieces of paper without a corresponding and deeply held "attitude, performance and commitment to self and team" (I would also add "and field of study and practice" to the list) on the part of the individual whose name appears on the document.
The 26 outstanding degree and certificate students appearing here have truly walked the "attitude, performance and commitment" talk this quarter, and I have every confidence that when their certificates and diplomas are finally up on the wall someday in the future, each one of them will have the pleasure of knowing what very real achievements those pieces of paper actually represent.
The University and the Department are proud to recognize their achievements.
2nd Quarter, 2013
President's List (GPA 3.8-4.0)
- Albertina Brown, Bachelor of Science
- Luis Gaitan, Certificate in Law Enforcement
- Sharon Haas, Associate of Science
- Kyree Hall, Associate of Science
- Nikolina Larochelle, Associate of Science
- Michael Lee, Certificate in Law Enforcement 1
- Ava Leih, Certificate in Criminal Investigation
- Zachary Long, Certificate in Law Enforcement 2
- Steven Nobles, Associate of Science
- James Nunn, Bachelor of Science
- Julie Proctor, Bachelor of Science
- Jason Rhoden, Certificate in Terrorism and Security
- Chad Rodrigues, Bachelor of Science
- Michael Watt, Bachelor of Science
- Bobbie Slinkey, Certificate in Criminal Investigations
Dean's List (GPA 3.50-3.69)
- Terri Hong, Associate of Science
- Kaleena Cyrulik, Bachelor of Science
- Richard Fowler, Certificate in Criminal Investigation
- Sara Hensley, Associate of Science
- Johnathan Howington, Bachelor of Science
- Troy Mayfield, Associate of Science
- Simeon Siudyla, Associate of Science
- Denver Steele, Bachelor of Science
- Lyndon Tackett, Associate of Science
- Angela White, Associate of Science
Academic Distinction (GPA increase of 0.5 or more)
- Marco Flores, Certificate in Homeland Security
Get the full story. Read "Getting to Know You: Dean Patricia Drown, Ph.D."